Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grilled Chicken Wings

It's not the grilling that was the problem or the sweet Thai flavoured sauce I made for marinating/basting. The chicken was too chewy. I had the same problem with the whole chicken that I bought from these merchants at the farmer's market. I don't know if chicken needs to be hung before being cooked or the chewy texture is just a side effect of being grain fed and being allowed to range freely but I didn't appreciate it. This should have been good. I mean when I make my beer-butt chicken the wings sometimes survive the flames and become nice and crispy. So maybe I have to cook the wings longer over lower heat. Maybe. But I'm blaming the chicken. And the chicken man. Damn chicken man...

On another more positive note, the grilled watermelon skewers were good. It was really just warm watermelon but the slight dehydration concentrated the flavour and would be a real nice addition to any heavier barbecue. Heavy pretty much alway being the case when it comes to barbecue. Or Southern barbecue. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

No comments: