Sunday, September 7, 2008

Grilled Pizza Pt. 2

So following my success with the grilled pizza, I figured I'd try my hand at a barbecued panzorotto which you could also call a calzone or really whatever you like...it's basically a stuffed pizza dough. There.

Now the danger with anythint stuffed, as all of you pastry pros will undoubtedly know, is that the crust does not always seal properly. So here I am, standing at my barbecue, trying to figure out how I'm going to flip over this damn thing without having half of its innards drop to the greasy depths of my barbecue. Well I managed somehow to do it. The end product, even with contents intact, wasn't all that great.

You see the beauty about the grilled pizza was that it was grilled and therefore crunchy on 2 sides. This panzo was more like an ordinary pizza but with the dough only half cooked. Not all that great. Stick to what works I guess is the lesson for today children. Stick to what works.

No comments: