Wednesday, June 13, 2007

And so it begins...

Hello fellow food lovers!

A bit about myself.

I grew up in Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada which is a small town in Northern Ontario where the Chinese-Canadian food is the best anywhere, the pizza is unprecedented, the wild game is always fresh, and life is easy. And of course there were family influences. When my grandmother used to babysit us, she would bake us a pie if we went outside to pick enough raspberries. My mother offered the same deal with blueberries.

I now live in Moncton, New Brunswick. The ocean is only 26 kilometres away which means that seafood is readily available and cheap. I actually had some delicious smoked salmon on Paris Toast with goat cheese for supper. Envious? You should be.

As for my culinary experience, I have no formal training. I practice with cookbooks, textbooks they use in culinary academies, and try (but usually fail) to create my own recipes. So far, I have managed to be able to take the ingredients of most recipes and not have to look at the directions. Now I just have to learn how to better pair flavours.

No comments: