Friday, November 16, 2007

Leftover Pita Pizza

So my girlfriend's working. There's a tonne of dishes in the kitchen which I don't feel like doing. And even though Family Guy is always on somewhere, I just wanted to sit in front of the TV and eat a simple meal. The solution: thaw Greek style pita, slather with store bought hummus, cover with thinly sliced tomatoes and red onions and sprinkle the whole with a few clumps of brie. Cook in oven till you don't feel like waiting anymore and enjoy. Nothing fancy.

Was it delicious? Maybe not that much. But it was good which is good enough for me after a long week full of a head cold, tenant issues, and a job I just can't seem to get a hang of. Yes life is full of frustrations but food is always a comfort at the end of the day. And making it, even when it's a very simple meal thrown together from a bunch of leftover bits and pieces from the fridge, is always a delight. I can't wait till the day where such a blog entry finishes with the words "Yes. Life is good."

Pauvre, pauvre, pauvre petit moi. - Sol

No comments: